Today I’ve got a post for y’all on sun care and tips on how to repair and treat damaged skin. At this time of year, most of us will and have been spending time outdoors. The sun may be great for your mood, but it can be harmful to your skin. There are many ways you can treat your skin to repair any damage that has been done, as well as preventing any more problems. Below is a list of the best ways you can treat and reverse sun damage and improve the look of your skin.
- Use a daily skincare product with built-in SPF protection. These provide the easiest way to prevent any UV damage and keeps your skin feeling soft and youthful. By using one of these products, you will also help lower your risk of skin cancer.
- Retinol is a superb product for treating the signs of sun damage, such as wrinkles and dark spots. It has antioxidant properties and keeps skin elastic and firm by boosting natural collagen.
- If your damage is more advanced, consider trying Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy. By using IPL therapy, you can treat any problem areas and skin redness. It causes age or sun spots to turn dark and flake off during a couple of days. A few treatments are usually required to achieve results. This procedure can be done at a Medispa or reputable clinic.
- DNA repair enzyme lotions have been a great discovery in the battle against skin damage. They act almost immediately and help repair the cells and reverse any existing issues. They can help with problems such as wrinkles, lines and discolorations. In addition to this, they also reduce the visible oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- Exfoliate. This may seem like basic skincare advice, but it is also invaluable when it comes to aid the recovery of skin exposed to the sun. The stratum corneum (the outermost layer of dead skin) can appear blotchy and uneven, so exfoliating helps prevent this. You can use scrubs, loofahs or microdermabrasion kits.
- Go natural. If you don’t like the idea of loading your face with chemicals, then consider more natural treatments for your skin. There are many different options including a do-it-yourself honey mask or making your own toner with lemon and distilled water. These can be great options if you are looking for a more cost-effective way to heal your skin.
- Watch what you eat. Foods that are rich in vitamin A are renowned for their antioxidant and anti-ageing properties. Vitamin A-rich foods include fish, eggs and brightly coloured vegetables. If you are struggling to get your fix with food, then there are different vitamin A supplements out there to help you on your way. (Always consult with a doctor before taking any new vitamins or supplements to make sure they’re right for you).
- Try a dark spot correcting cream. To prevent or cure mild dark spots, then consider using a targeted cream. They contain mild skin lighteners, and can be ideal for small areas or between treatments.
Hope you guys found these tips helpful and remember, sunscreen is a must in the summer!
Blog Instagram // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook