Most people who would like an elegant living room, also have ideas that are way beyond their budget. Let’s be honest, the word elegance doesn’t exactly inspire the word budget, does it? The thing is, there is no real reason that you have to bust your budget just to have a little class and elegance in your living space. In fact, you can have an elegant look in your living room no matter what your budget is!
You can add plenty of elegance to living space with simple changes, such as curtains changed to indoor plantation shutters, or indoor real flowers changing to plastic greenery. Your living space can convey elegance as long as you want it to, you just have to figure out how you can spend less money to do it. Below, we have several ways that you can add a little class and elegance to your living space, so that you can feel happy with where you are living.
- Give it a new colour. One of the easiest ways to add elegance to your living room is to repaint it. Adding a lighter, warmer colour to the space instantly makes the light from outside stretch to every corner. A warm shade of latte, or a neutral off-white can really make the living room stand out, look bright and add elegance all at once. The hardest part is to decide which colour you would like!
- Accessorise. Large pillows can be dotted throughout the living room to add a touch of elegance to your decor. You can choose pillows that match the sofa and surroundings, or you can choose pillows that add pops of colour to the paint you’ve added to the walls. Just two large pillows won’t set you back too much money, and if you don’t have the budget for the larger pillows, some smaller ones for the couches will work wonders.
- Change your window treatments. We talked about indoor plantation shutters, and the reason for this is because these are one of the loveliest ways to add walks to your interiors. Elegance goes hand-in-hand with warm spaces, and changing out your window treatments for something new will help you to make your living room look elegant without a massive price tag.
- Add artwork. Whether you are adding a painting that you have done yourself, or you have commissioned a piece of art, elegance and art match. If you have beautiful artwork on your walls, you are telling your guests that you are cultural, and that you understand modern art. A solid painting is a great investment, and it will give your living room that touch of elegance you’re looking for.
- Add extra lighting. You don’t need to have a chandelier in your living room to convey elegance. There are plenty of modern lighting pieces out there that you’ll be able to add to your budget without interrupting the space. You want to bring something beautiful, a statement to the room, and lighting fixtures can be the elegant fixture you need.