A few weeks ago I got back from my first overseas trip in Korea. It was honestly amazing and I definitely want to go back at the end of this year if I can! This was my first time travelling on a plane and overseas so I didn’t really know what to expect. After going on the plane twice I picked up some tips and tricks that I wish I knew before + what is good to pack on your carry on!
A few things I found handy that I packed on my carry on were:
- Neck pillow (this is a lifesaver!)
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs
- Charging cable
- Gum (great for takeoff/landing to help with your ears [minimises popping])
- Hair ties + bobby pins
- Lip balm
What I wish I packed
- On the way back I packed a face mask to cover my nose and mouth while I slept. I found that this really helped with keeping the air filtered and also my skin wasn’t as dry (I typically get quite dry around my mouth so this tip was amazing).
- I wish I had packed sample sized moisturisers/essences because my face felt quite dry on the plane ride.
- I also wish that I packed cleansing wipes for your face just to refresh it as you go – I was on a 10 hour flight!
- I would recommend asking for a vomiting bag if it’s your first time travelling or if you know you get motion sick. It was my first time and I’m typically not motion sick but when we were almost home and woken up at 4am for breakfast… yeah it didn’t go down so well. Luckily I had access to a plastic bag in time.
Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this quick checklist and found it helpful. Let me know your travel tips/must have carry on items!